Influencer marketing is the idea of partnering with social media content creators, those with key audiences on platforms like blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and Vine, to help satisfy the consumer’s insatiable appetite for stories and opinions about products they buy. The exploding industry is attracting millions of dollars from brands looking for solutions that support them in scaling the creation and distribution of trusted consumer content. Web-savvy consumers now require greater engagement and information before making a purchase. Consumers want meaningful content and relevant information to help them make purchase decisions and they want opinions from people they trust.
Take a glance at the main objectives of using influencer marketing from digital marketers’ point of view in 2019:
- Increasing brand awareness is ranked as the main objective of using influencer marketing by surveyed marketers with a rate of 26%.
- Driving engagement with brands is ranked as the second goal of using influencer marketing with a rate of 16.7%.
- Reaching new targeted audiences comes at next as an objective of turning to influencer marketing with a rate of 13.3%.
- Generating authentic content about brands also listed as an influencer marketing objective by surveyed marketers with a rate of 11.3%.
- Improving brands reputation also ranked an objective of using influencer marketing by surveyed marketers with a rate of 9.3%.
A Chart Shows The Main Objectives For Using Influencer Marketing, 2019.