The influence of social media has been felt in the recent political uprisings in the Arab world. In the Arab region, the tools of social media played a crucial role in mobilizing. Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google or Blogs, they all have found themselves central to the uprisings in an unprecedented way.
The usage of social media has been extensive, yet there is a high current, comprehensive and accurate accounting of social media use is available. According to the Arab social media outlook, social media is actively competing with conventional media as a primary source of news for millions of Arabs.
Take a glance at the social media platforms statistics in Saudi Arabia, 2019:
- Facebook is ranked as the most used social media platform in Saudi Arabia with a total of 15 million monthly active users.
- Instagram is ranked as the second most used social media platform by Saudi Arabia internet users with a rate of 13 million active monthly users.
- Twitter comes next as a top used social media platform in Saudi Arabia with a rate of 11.27 million monthly active users.
- Snap chat also listed as a used social media platform by internet users in Saudi Arabia with a rate of 13.65 million active users monthly.
- LinkedIn is listed as the least used social media platform with a rate of 3.40 million monthly active users.
A Figure Shows Social Media Advertising Audiences in Saudi Arabia, 2019.