StrategicAmpersand is looking for a Public Relations Coordinator in Toronto, Canada. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Operate with and support the PR team to execute strategic public relations programs.
- Promote media relations and coordinate account.
- Organize, prepare and distribute Media kit (for media interviews or events) as well as a press release.
- Develop and maintain the media list.
- Editorial and ad hoc research projects as required.
- Oversee relevant coverage (related to client-business or client), including social media, for account team and client.
- Fulfill client and media requests – distribution of information, photographs, etc.
- Improve editorial calendars on a regular basis/monitoring of editorial calendars for opportunities.
- Coordinate and support the event, as required, including venue/AV/catering coordination, and assisting with travel arrangements for journalists (for conferences, events, etc.).
- A university degree in communications, public relations or journalism or related relevant experience.
- Minimum 1- year experience in a public relations role.
- Demonstarted understanding of and experience with social media platforms and tools.
- Proficient experience in PR tools such as Meltwater and Cision an asset.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively serve a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Solid ability to multitask and prioritize projects; works well under pressure.