GCC region has witnessed a great shift in online shopping since the recent acquisition of “Souq.com” by online giant “Amazon”. 83% of Local GCC Millennials have shopped online in the 6 months previous the survey.
Read the below brief and keep up with the changing trends of online shopping in GCC:
- Mobile phones (20%), clothes, shoes & accessories (20%) and electronic equipment were the top 3 purchased categories by GCC Millennials shoppers.
- Flowers (3%), pet related (3%), music (4%), sporting goods (6%) and books – hardcopy – were the least online purchases categories (6%).
- 42% of local GCC Millennials females shopped on local websites and 41% did so on international ones.
- 42% of females Millennials in GCC shopped on international sites and 39% did so on local ones.
- Discomfort with making online payments (41%), high shipping charges (37%) and long delivery times (34%) are the key barriers to online shopping.
- Lack of cash-on-delivery options (33%), the uncertainty of authenticity of products found online (30%) and a lack of information about the return process (20%) are also the top barriers to online shopping for females Millennials in GCC.
Data were driven from 366 Millennials across GCC markets.