Status of Telecom Indicators sector in the Sultanate of Oman at the end of the Q3/2016:
- The total of mobile subscribers reached 6,785,611 million subscribers of inhabitants, with penetration 151% of inhabitants – 4,490.943 – by the end of Q3 2016.
- The number of t fixed internet service reached 277.976 million subscribers with penetration 48% of household by the end of Q3 2016.
- Fixed internet subscribers achieved 4.8% growth over the previous quarter, and the penetration rate became higher with 2.2% the previous quarter.
- The Active Mobile Broadband Subscribers’ reached to 85.5% of inhabitants by the end of Q3/2016 with the total active.
- The total active mobile broadband subscribers rose to 3.838.089 with 85.5% rate, compared to 3,493,794 in Q2 2016.
- Business internet subscribers increased to 24.479 million in Q3 2016, compared to 23.915 million in Q2 2016.
88.83% of fixed Broadband subscribers during Q3, 2016 had access speed of 2 Mbps to 10 Mbps, while 5.55% of fixed Broadband subscribers during Q3, 2016 had access speed of 10 to 100 Mbps.
For more information, please download the “Quarterly Report on Telecom Sector Indicators, Q3 2016” full report.