89% of GB -Great Britain- adults have accessed the internet in the last 3 months, with an increasing penetration reached 71% in Q4 2016. Nearly 2 in 5 of adults have at least one gaming console in their households with 1 in 5 owing Microsoft’s Xbox360 or Xbox One, and nearly a quarter own ebook readers.
The Internet and social media usage overview among GB adults:
- The top activities that the GB adults have done in the past 3 months were:
-Sending & receiving emails (with a rate of 81%).
-Visiting sites for getting personal interests, information (with rate 72%),
-Visiting sites to get info products (with rate 70%),
-Visiting sites to buy products online (with a rate of 67%).
-Checking bank accounts and other financial holdings have seen a significant rise as it reached 58% in Q4 2016.
- The majority of respondents claim that they have a personal computer or laptop (with rate 80%), laptop (with rate 72%), DVD player (with rate 58%), and digital TV (with rate 56%).
- 74% of GB adults own smartphones and use it for reading or sending emails with a rate of 69%, visiting social networking sites with rate 54%, and browsing websites with a rate of 48%.
- The top social networking sites visited in the last 3 months were Facebook, followed by Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Snapchat.
- Females Facebook users are higher than males with a rate of 51% while the rate of Males is 49%.
A Figure Shows The Percentage of Users Visited Social Platforms in The Last 3 Months, 2016.