The automation of the marketing process seems to be the only solution nowadays to face the major changes brought by the fast evolution of technology and the continuous increase in supply and demand. In order to achieve the desired marketing results, businesses have to employ digital marketing and communication services. These services are efficient and measurable thanks to the marketing techniques used to track, score and implement each campaign.
Marketing automation is the use of software to automate marketing processes such as customer segmentation, customer data integration, and campaign management. The use of marketing automation makes processes that would have otherwise been performed manually much more efficient and makes new processes possible.
The Key Findings of “The State of Marketing Automation, 2019” Report:
- Email sends is ranked as the most used marketing automation tactic by surveyed companies respondents with a rate of 86%.
- 57% of surveyed companies indicated that they have CRM integrated into the place to allow leads to be passed from marketing to sales.
- 21% of the surveyed companies’ respondents indicated that they are using the technology to personalize their websites for visitors.
- 52% of surveyed agencies respondents mentioned that measuring the return on investment is the main challenge that they face in trying to improve their digital marketing efforts.
- The most important marketing automation capability for businesses is analytics and reporting, which 52% of respondents rated as “critical” and 44% rated as “important”.
A Graph Shows The Main Challenges of Improving The Digital Marketing Efforts, 2019.
The Content of “The State of Marketing Automation, 2019” Report:
- Executive summary.
- The quest for better leads and more customers.
- Use of marketing automation software.
- Early days on the journey towards marketing automation maturity.
- Personalization very much on the radar, with B2C companies ahead of B2B.
- Companies hindered by lack of ROI measurement and disconnected technology.
- Vendor capabilities – technology providers need to close the gap.
- Appendix (respondent profiles).
Number of Pages:
The State of Marketing Automation 2019 report is based on a survey of 501 marketers carried out in the first quarter of 2019. The survey was publicized through LinkedIn and dedicated emails sent out by London Research and its sister company Digital Doughnut.