Twitter is one of the most popular social media channels in the whole world generally and in the United Kingdom especially.
The following points produce Twitter landscape in the United Kingdom in 2017:
In the finance field:-
- The biggest accounts were Bank of England, Barclays UK, and Lloyds Bank.
- HSBC UK, Lloyds Bank, and PwC UK achieved the most engaging Twitter profiles, while NatWest achieved the most mentioned and interactive Twitter profiles.
In the media field:-
- BBC Breaking News, The Economist, and BBC News (World) are the biggest accounts on Twitter.
- BBC Breaking News is the fastest growing account on Twitter, followed by BBC News (World) and The Economist.
In the music field:-
- One Direction, Harry Styles., and Adele are the biggest accounts on Twitter.
- The Pop music band “One Direction” achieved the biggest twitter profiles a number of 31.521.296 followers.
- Harry Styles., and Adele also achieved the biggest Twitter profiles among people category.
In politics field:-
- Sadiq Khan, The Labour Party, and Conservatives have the biggest accounts.
- Sadiq Khan achieved the biggest and most engaging Twitter profiles.
In press filed:-
- The Guardian, Financial Times and VOGUE.CO.UK are the biggest Twitter accounts.
- The Guardian also the most engaging Twitter profiles, and most mentioned and interactive Twitter profiles.
In the sports field:-
- Manchester United, Arsenal FC, Chelsea FC, and Liverpool FC respectively achieved the most engaging Twitter profiles, and also the most interactive Twitter profiles.
In TV stations category:-
- BBC Sport, Sky Sports, and Sky News are the biggest Twitter accounts.
- BBC Sport, Sky News, and Sky Football are the most engaging and interactive Twitter profiles.
In Technologies field:-
- The biggest number of activities per followers were on Canon UK, Xbox UK, and PlayStation UK accounts.
- Nintendo UK, Xbox UK, PlayStation UK, and Canon UK are the most engaging, mentioned, and interactive Twitter profiles
In the telecommunication field:-
- O2 in the UK, EE, and Virgin Media are the biggest accounts on Twitter.
- BT, Vodafone UK, and O2 in the UK account achieved the biggest number of activities per tweet.