The 8th annual edition of eMarketing-Egypt flagship report “Digital Marketing Insights in Egypt, 2017” includes the essential analysis of the internet users in Egypt with the Facebook users as a study group.
Read the below and get out the top findings of the consumers’ behavior on the social networks in Egypt in 2017:
DMI 2017 Users reports:
- 81% of the respondents can’t live without the internet.
- Social media (77%) and searching (78%) dominate the most frequent online activities.
- Facebook is the largest social network with more than 2 billion monthly active users.
- In terms of the global comparison, Egypt came at the 11th place in using Facebook with about 2% of the global users. Besides that Egypt has the largest users’ base among Arabian countries.
- Facebook is the most “daily” used social network for 83%, followed by WhatsApp (57%) & Google+ (34%).
- Snapchat, Pinterest and LinkedIn are still in the column of never used for the majority (72%-83%).
- 33% of respondents are shopping online “sometimes”.
- Prices (67%) varieties (63%) and reviews (59%) are the top motivating factors for the online shopping.
- 94.4% of Facebook users in Egypt are accessing from a mobile device. (at least sometimes).
- Samsung mobiles top-ranked the used mobile devices brand with a rate of 50%.
Data were driven from a survey of internet users in Egypt, n=3,222. 63% of respondents were males and were 37% females, with +/- 2.5 margin of error at 99% confidence level. The survey took place between 25/08/ to 10/11 2017.
For more information, please download the “DMI Egypt, 2017: Users & Usage Insights” full report.
Note: It’s only available for Pro Members. For more details, please click here