Guest Posting Guidelines on the DMC Hub
Digital Marketing Community “DMC” is the first integrated community for digital marketing professionals. We’re always looking for more brilliant contributors to join our Hub to bring fresh strategies, opinions, research, and thought leadership about the ever-changing world of marketing to our readers.
If you have exceptional writing skills and would like to share your expertise with a large audience of business owners, marketers, and growth hackers, we’d like to hear from you.
Firstly, please take some time to review the below guideline — it should answer any question you may have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
Post Topics We Accept
- Digital Marketing: All about digital marketing trends, stats, insights, recent research, guides — including any useful tips for marketers to plan and run their digital marketing, social media marketing campaigns, or even SEO strategies.
- eCommerce: All about eCommerce platforms and aspects of having an eCommerce business — including online payments, digital banking, etc.
- Industry News: In case there’s something new in the digital marketing and eCommerce industries, and you know of any significant impact it will have on us all, that’s exactly the kind of content we’re interested in.
- Data Science: All about the use of data in marketing — including data analysis, Artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, etc are very welcome here.
- User Experience (UX): Some unique content related to web design, web development, and web hosting — including all the tech tools that people use to build websites and make them work the way they should.
Post Structure We Love
Your post should be 100% original and not published anywhere else. Your post should be well-written, clear, interesting, and above all, helpful.
- It’s isn’t the main factor, but quality content is. The post should be as long as it needs to be to convey the message.
- But the minimum length should be (500–600 words).
- Write an excerpt – a quick, attractive summary of your content (2-3 sentences).
- Title and Subheads:
- The post title and subheads should be appealing, concrete, descriptive, and exciting.
- Keep it to no more than 70 characters in length.
- You should use H3, H2, H1, etc. tags in your headings to be effective.
- Capitalize the first letter of every word, e.g. “How to Write a Good Guest Post”.
- Don’t capitalize (a, an, and the), nor prepositions of three or fewer letters (such as of, in, and for).
- Don’t use full stops (periods) at the end of your headings.
- Lists and Paragraphs:
- The content should include bulleted lists and such for readability.
- Use bulleted lists with a brief description if necessary.
- Break up the paragraphs into easy-to-digest chunks.
- Commas and Abbreviations:
- Add a comma before (etc.): “Use a mobile, desktop, tablet, etc.”
- Please do not abbreviate or use symbols for everyday words: SEO and SEM, not SEO & SEM; design and develop, not design/develop; versus, not vs. (except in headings).
- Use (i.e.) to precede a clarification. It comes from the Latin “id est” and means “that is” or “in other words.”
- Use (e.g.) when brevity is required.
- Pictures, Graphics or Images:
- High-quality is a MUST.
- Images should be attractive and relevant and should not have low-quality artifacts. They should be legible and properly cropped.
- Please always store full-size images locally in case we may need them again.
- The format of any pictures, graphics or images needs to be .jpg or .png (use Gifs only if it needed).
- The Feature image should be 550 pixels wide and a maximum of 240 pixels high.
- Make sure you own the copyright to any images you submit with your posts. Otherwise, provide the links to image sources.
- Link to an external web page only once. Linking to different pages from a single website is OK if warranted.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid.
- Cite your sources and back everything up; provide the links to a study or an article, to any resources or tools, to support your claims.
- Don’t include affiliate links or self-promotion links to your own websites within the body content of your post.
Important Rules to Follow
- Be Unique: Your post should be 100% original and not published anywhere else. It must be well-written in English.
- Be Helpful: Your post should be well-written, clear, interesting, and above all, helpful.
- No Blatant Ads: Don’t appear as if you’re selling your services, your products or your expertise.
- Search Engine Optimization: The best posts are written for humans first, and then for search engines. Write for humans, then optimize.
- Promoting Your Content: We include our content (including your submission) in our streams via Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. And feel free to distribute your post through links in social media, respond to any comments and enjoy the attention.
Important Caveats to Keep in Mind
- Once the content is published on the DMC HUB, you must not republish it elsewhere online. (Expect to share its link on social media as we mentioned above).
- Editors reserve the right to edit, adapt, update, and republish contributions at their discretion.
- Calls-to-action to DMC content may be added to the published submissions.
- In rare cases, contributed posts may be removed from the blog.
How to Submit Your Post
- Send us your content with images. Submissions can be as HTML via .txt or use Word to submit the standard text. Images, graphs, and pictures would be preferable to be attached in the email.
- You should then receive an email with acceptance and further instructions (if any) or a polite decline with comments.
- If we request any clarification or edits, please respond ASAP.
- We will post it as it matched with our editorial calendar.
- We reserve the right to edit the content for grammar, relevance, voice, clarity.
REMEMBER: The DMC Hub editors reserve the right to reject contributions at their discretion.
If you have any questions or an idea about your guest post, please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll get back to you ASAP.