Warner Bros. Entertainment is looking for a Senior Software Developer in California, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Improve core functionality and components for applications; services and websites, in support of consumer and B2B facing users, by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
- Analyze project objectives and determine the best technology for implementation.
- Execute best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications.
- Assure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code and identify code/functionality that can be reused and pull it out, improve upon it, and publish it for appropriate reuse within the team.
- Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WB Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
- Estimate software products and vendors for WB Technology and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead the implementation of selected products/services.
- Operate with internal and external developers to ensure WB Technology code standards and best practices are performed for the development of applications.
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of web development experience.
- Effective experience integrating to service backends.
- Expert computer knowledge is essential, as is experienced with software applications necessary to complete projects. These may include but are not limited to, digital graphics & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Familiarity with defining highly scalable cloud-native architectures and solutions from business requirements, producing estimates and timelines plans and managing delivery against those plans for the application development.
- Demonstrated understanding of related Web issues, including accessibility, site architecture, user interface, navigation, type.
- Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry business preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Warner Bros. businesses, business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred.
- Proficient experience managing client and vendor relationships is a plus.
- Solid experience working with off-shore teams is a plus.
- Familiarity with social media systems is a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail, and a desire to learn and master new technologies a must.
- Proven experience in estimating projects, and time management skills.
- Proven track record in current web languages and frameworks ranging from scripting to WordPress, Drupal, or other LAMP stack languages.
- Solid experience with source code, knowledge repositories, and CI processes, such as SVN, Git, Jira, Wiki, Jenkins or equivalent systems.
- Experience with distributed version control, cloud-native practices and knowledge repositories using Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins or equivalent systems.
- Able to create and maintain clear, concise, and well-constructed documentation.