McGraw-Hill Education is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Columbus, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Operate with engineering leadership to identify, develop and execute upon opportunities for process and strategic improvements.
- Associate in MHE-wide initiatives to bring consistency to the company’s software development efforts.
- Assure focus on Engineering architecture, design, and technical improvements across teams.
- Engage in research that leads to the development of innovative products and services.
- Search and create service designs that improve capability, functionality, and time to market with maximum quality.
- Run a project forward with other engineers in DPG and ensure they maintain quality standards and continue to expand automation coverage.
- Oversee to new or less seasoned software engineers in development practice.
- Take input from multiple sources such as team members, peers, industry trends, customers, business needs, user experience group, and customer support to define technical boundaries and design scalable and sustainable platform services that serve the needs of multiple products, platforms, and/or customers.
- Improve a strategy for delivery product and device level optimizations on top of core services which encourage product agility and improves time to market.
- Keep current on industry trends and standards; conceive and present to senior management and peers ways to improve current practices to stay competitive in the marketplace and on the cutting edge while maintaining strict quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in software engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Software Engineer or similar software development role.
- At least 3 years experience working at a high level in such languages at PHP, Java, or Go.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles, design patterns, application and enterprise integration architectures.
- Effective development and integration experience with Messaging, RESTful Services.
- Strong Unix skills (SSH/tunneling, navigating Unix environment, SCP/SFTP to transfer files).
- Proficient experience in source control tools like Git, and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Demonstarted understanding of the following client-side technologies and frameworks: AngularJS, JQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, HTML/HTML5, CSS, SASS, LESS.
- Familiarity with bug tracking systems, like Quality Center and JIRA.
- Deep knowledge of implementing software systems for applications developed with cloud technologies (AWS).
- Ability to research and solve problems on his/her own using Google, newsgroups, vendor support and other external resources.