NCR Corporation is looking for a Senior software specialist in Hyderabad, India. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Improve high-quality software which meets requirements, promotes re-use of software components and facilitates ease of the support.
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for system failures caused by errors in software code.
- Recognize and implement process improvements in Engineering practices.
- Use software-based system maintenance and tracking tools.
- Produce input and technical content for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training.
- Conduct unit tests, track problems and implement changes to ensure adherence to test plan and functional/nonfunctional requirements.
- Analyze, design and implement software mechanisms to improve code stability, performance, and reusability.
- Design high fidelity estimates of their own work efforts.
- Aid others in estimating task effort and dependencies, responsible for team commitments within the Sprint.
- May be asked to lead and advise other Engineering resources as part of project activities.
- Associate with industry groups stays current with technology and industry trends, disseminates knowledge to team members, forms best practices.
- Liaise with Solution Management and other internal teams.
- Associate in cross-functional collaboration within the organization.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in software design and development.
- Effective experience in C/C++/C# design/development.
- Expert knowledge of Object-Oriented programming.
- Deep knowledge of Windows programming.
- Demonstarted understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance best practices.
- Proven experience operating in an Agile environment, with a deep understanding of agile development principles.
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma Lean principles.
- Strong knowledge of software development standards and protocols.
- Familiarity with tools utilized in the development environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Able to work in any Software Development Life Cycle model and desirable working in an Agile environment.