SEPHORA is looking for a Senior User Experience Design Director in San Francisco, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Determine the overall UX strategy and vision for our digital client experience across all channels, aligned with our broader business strategy.
- Evolve an integrated, consistent UI throughout all our product experiences.
- Aid design a cohesive set of design principles and patterns that can be utilized everywhere that are uniquely Sephora.
- Facilitate engaging interaction models that delight our clients.
- Influence and mentor across the organization, focusing on coaching and developing product managers, engineers and creative team on UX best practices.
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor top digital UX designers, UI designers, and user researchers.
- Improve relationships with design firms and independent contractors to have a “bench” of resources to support flexing as needed against projects.
- Assure delivery of high-quality UX and UI across multiple projects at any given time, providing oversight and guidance while empowering senior team members.
- Supervise the entire UX process from concept to prototyping to execution and QA.
- Operate as an embedded team within Product Management to effectively collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
- Plan and lead user testing and usability research both in-lab and online, effectively managing internal and external resources to deliver insights and actionable results.
- Facilitate communication and share out of results and provide recommendations to product stakeholders.
- Know our client and represent her needs and her voice in the product design process.
- Help plan and sequence the roadmap with product management to enable the best product experiences for our clients.
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce and mobile design principles, information architecture and user-centered design (> 7 years’ experience in a UX-related role).
- Demonstarted understanding of consumer-focused digital experiences across the site and mobile & in-store, represented by direct experience in retail e-commerce across all channels.
- Superior relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills within cross-functional teams, including specific examples of successful working relationships and processes with product management and engineering.
- Effective experience in creating client-focused UX that solves complex design problems providing impact to clients and the business.
- Great leadership, strategic thinking and practical organizational planning skills.
- Must demonstrate a clean, polished design aesthetic coupled with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, and usability.
- Solid managerial skills, with a track record of hiring and developing strong individual contributor UX and UI designers & researchers (> 3 years management experience).
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment.