Groupon is looking for a Software Development Engineer II in Bangalore, India. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Operate with data scientists, analytics experts and product managers to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications & change requests into technical designs.
- Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical designs.
- Plan, develop and implement streaming and near-real-time data pipelines that feed systems that are the operational backbone of our business.
- Improve scalable, maintainable and reusable code with unit tests and integration testing
- Secure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting data pipelines.
- Keep tabs on the tools, techniques and components being used in the industry through research and apply this knowledge to the system(s) being developed.
- Effective experience with all aspects of designing, developing, testing and implementing streaming, near real-time and batch data pipelines.
- Proficient experience in functional and object-oriented programming paradigms.
- Proven experience in Scala, Java.
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks, preferably Spark.
- Expert working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing using Kafka/ Kinesis, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Strong coding skills in at least one modern scripting language, preferably Python.
- Deep knowledge of working on MPP systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lambda and Kappa architecture in AWS cloud environment.
- Strong understanding of SDLC, software standard methodologies and development methodologies.
- Sound verbal and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience working with big data tools such as – Kafka, Hadoop, hive, Hbase etc. a big plus.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and star-schema (dimensional) data models and strong hands-on SQL knowledge a big plus.
- Experience working with relational databases a plus.