Cisco is looking for a Software Engineer in Gaillimh, Ireland. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Plan, plan and develop highly scalable features to strict quality targets.
- Operate in an Agile scrum team or DevOps delivery team.
- Feature development in Java, Python and/or C++ on Linux Platforms.
- Work with the product owner and user experience teams.
- Draft, develop, deploy and operate microservices for the Cisco Collaboration Cloud.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar environment.
- Strong skills in debugging software in complex environments.
- Effective experience in multi-threaded programming and object-oriented design.
- Proven history of project delivery over multiple release cycles.
- Software Development and Coding in one or more of C++, Java & Python for large-scale server side, real-time systems.
- Proficient experience working in and building Cloud-Based SaaS IAAS / PAAS applications.
- Expert knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes.
- Proven CI/CD tooling experience Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Jenkins or similar.
- Sound test-driven development methodologies and test tool automation knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of networking and communications protocols (XMPP, SIP, RDP, etc.).
- Solid experience in applying Machine Learning and Analytics technologies to create alerting and monitoring mechanisms and derive KPIs for real-time highly available cloud-hosted applications.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.