BBC is looking for a Software Engineer in Glasgow, United Kingdom. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Improve effective software that meets given specifications.
- Draft appropriate tests using automated test-driven techniques for ensuring code quality.
- Integrate the software with monitoring and support tools.
- Support system integration in its operating environment.
- Draft and review technical documentation.
- Help to troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the product life cycle.
- Associate in the team’s agile planning and delivery process.
- Effectively participate in the team’s software development methodologies, such as pairing, code and documentation reviewing and continuous delivery.
- Discover new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies.
- Software engineering or computer science degree or code school training equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year of experience writing and maintaining robust production software.
- Competence in one or more mainstream development languages and frameworks.
- Familiarity with one or more mainstream development and deployment toolchains (IDE, SCCS, CI).
- Effective experience of database design and use in software applications.
- Expert knowledge of web architecture and key technologies (HTTP, DNS, distributed design).
- Proficient experience in test-driven development.
- Proven track record in developing operational concerns (monitoring integration, performance testing, security considerations).
- Expert knowledge of project working and professional software development processes, including agile processes.
- Deep knowledge of releasing their software to a production use case.
- Able to work in an enterprise environment on several projects (including experience in testing, design and release).