Twitter is looking for a Software Engineer II in London, United Kingdom. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Cooperate with Product, Design, QA and engineers across the company to understand users’ needs and refine solutions.
- Create scalable software architectures, have them reviewed by your peers (and review your peers’ designs), implement, ship and maintain them.
- Architect and develop services and applications building on Twitter’s vast data platform.
- Improve high throughput Scala web and thrift services on Mesos containers.
- Design software which crunches through billions of data items across tens of thousands of CPU cores using a suite of data processing tools including Scalding, Storm and Summingbird.
- Effective experience working as a member of an agile team on large scale service-based applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, data structures and algorithms.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Proficient experience working with service-oriented architectures, and distributed scalable systems.
- Familiarity with patterns that help those systems stay performant and stable.
- Technically comfortable with the command line and Unix.
- Expert knowledge of distributed systems is useful – especially with regards to failure and state.
- Happy and at your best working in a small, high-growth, and dynamic development environment.
- A desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly while building a platform our users will be passionate about.