FreeWheel is looking for a Technical Writer in Chicago, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Lead the creation or updates of end-user product documentation, gathering input from engineering, product management, trainers, and support teams.
- Design how-to and FAQ content to support new and existing products that increase user comprehension and decreases support call volume.
- Improve, implement, maintain and adheres to technical communications documentation standards for both Self-Service Knowledgebase and integration to in-app product help guides.
- Support current knowledge of technical writing techniques, tools, methodologies, human/computer interface, and graphical user interface development guidelines.
- Maintain records and files of work-in-process, released work, and revision updates.
- Arrange for duplication and distribution of materials.
- Draft technical tips and bulletins for internal and external communication.
- Run production-quality documents to meet product launch deadlines.
- Work as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Bachelors degree preferred in communications, science, information technology.
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- Expert knowledge of and adherence to standard technical writing styles and guidelines.
- Sound project management and cross-team coordination skills.
- Effective experience in proofreading and editing English-language documents.
- Expert knowledge of product development concepts and processes.
- Solid writing skills.
- Ability to comprehend technical concepts and workflows.
- Able to organize and manage multiple deadlines and priorities efficiently.
- Ability to work independently from home or/and office with hours agreed upon by their manager.