Hours ago, Facebook announced in an official page post that they will open Facebook’s first custom-built data center in Asia, that is an 11-story building that will be located in Singapore.
Facebook also reveals the functions of its first custom-built data center in Singapore, Asia, which has a variety of features and advantages, such as:
- The Facebook facility is a 170,000-square-meter data center.
- The project will invest in more than 1.4 billion Singapore dollars or around US$1 billion, as confirmed by the Facebook company.
- It also will provide hundreds of jobs opportunities across the Singaporeans, as well as all over Asia.
- It will support the Facebook growing presence in Singapore and across Asia.
- The Singapore Data Center is highly advanced facilities that help bring Facebook apps and services to people around the world every day.
- It was built with new impactful features to decrease the use of water, energy, and land.
- It’s considered to be the first to incorporate the new StatePoint Liquid Cooling system, a technology that decreases water and power consumption, in addition, it can minimize the amount of peak water used by 20 percent in climates like Singapore’s.
- It’s expected to be powered by 100 percent renewable energy.
- As opposed to other facilities in the region, The Facebook facility will be a leader in energy efficiency with annual Power Usage Effectiveness of 1.19.
- The building façade is made of a perforated lightweight material that allows airflow and provides glimpses of the state-of-the-art mechanical equipment inside.
- Finally, Fortis Construction is chosen by the Facebook company to be a general contractor for the project.
The Facebook company points out to the main reasons for selecting Singapore as its project location, which are:
- robust infrastructure and access to fiber in Singapore.
- Because of the talented local workforce
- In addition, the great set of community partners, including the Singapore Economic Development Board and the Jurong Town Corporation.
- The latest established policies in Singapore, which provide a business-friendly environment.
- Recently, Singapore is considered to be the number-one country in Asia to do business, as named by The World Bank.
Finally, it should be appreciated that The Singapore Data Center will support many abilities for the Asians to stay connected with friends and family, discover what’s happening in the world, and share and express what matters to them.