Elsevier is looking for a Digital Content Editor in Illinois, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- In conjunction with the LCM, plans to learn content development and delivery cadence.
- Perform a key role in daily stand-ups with internal and external content development partners.
- Assure lead and peer review SMEs are delivering work products per schedule.
- Proactively recognize potential issues with SMEs and works with the LCM to find alternative approaches to mitigate risks.
- Supervise reviews from SMEs, consolidates reviews, queries SMEs and outsourced vendors as appropriate to ensure quality on-time content delivery.
- In conjunction with the LCM and other internal participants develops and/or brings forth suggestions for improving existing writing, assessment and instructional design guidelines.
- Conduct a high-level review of all stages of a module and detailed outlines, assessments, and content storyboards and sends them to the appropriate partners for detailed review.
- Organize with other participants and/or drives permission and art research as needed.
- Coordinate vocabulary mapping, EAQ/TB and ancillary mapping tasks as needed with the help of internal and external resources.
- Coordinate delivery of build content and oversees UAT fixes and ensures gold delivery of assigned course product.
- Produce and maintain timely communications between internal and external teams.
- Build ongoing communication plans.
- Improve and maintain good working relationships with internal colleagues and outsourced vendors.
- Present guidance on the impact of the timeline of any proposed changes to the functional scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related area required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with content development preferred.
- Expert knowledge of health education markets
- Strong project coordination skills
- Proven track record in Microsoft office applications
- Deep knowledge of the publishing process and MS Office. Some familiarity with EPUB, HTML5, HTML, and XML.
- Familiarity with media (online courses, multimedia, etc.) a plus.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Flexible and creative approach to problem-solving, resourceful, decisive, with attention to detail.
- Be flexible to deal with high-velocity situations without feeling overwhelmed.
- Able to foresee and avert problems. Manage SMEs and interact professionally with SMEs and colleagues.