Expedia Group is looking for a Lead Content Strategist in Seattle, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Dig into user research to identify content needs and gaps across multiple stages of the user journey.
- Estimate competitor content and user experiences for content coverage, quality, gaps, and emerging content trends.
- Conceptualize creative ways to use original, licensed, and user-generated content to meet user needs.
- Think about content as a system, developing and maintaining content standards as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for experiences.
- Influence the back-end systems that deliver our content to improve the experience for users.
- Draft clear and consistent product content — everything from broad positioning to tooltips to notifications.
- Liaise your findings, recommendations, and content specifications through content matrices, user scenarios, presentations, comps, prototypes, and style guides.
- Cooperate with fellow content strategists as well as designers, engineers, business strategists, product managers, SEO specialists, and many others to conceptualize content-focused experiences and bring your work to life.
- Describe and present your methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation to varied audiences.
- Contribute to the elevation of content strategy as a discipline within Expedia Group.
- Manage content strategies discipline-specific projects such as brand and standards development, editorial process, or team skill development.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field — English, communications, linguistics, journalism, HCI, Design.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience with a content strategy for large enterprise web sites or applications, especially consumer-facing and transaction-focused interfaces.
- Demonstarted understanding of the development, sourcing, and governance of both structured and unstructured content types.
- Expert knowledge of mobile-first and responsive content strategies.
- Effective experience writing and revising content for the user interface.
- Proficient experience with localization and writing for a global audience.
- Familiarity with the UX lexicon and working in the UX design process.
- Strong understanding of SEM and SEO.
- Solid communication and facilitation skills that encourage both ideation and collaboration.