hedgehog lab is looking for a Senior Android Developer in Newcastle, United Kingdom. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Operate with one of our key clients (based in London) on a large scale financial platform using Citrix.
- Requires infrequent travel to client site in London.
- Identify problems and be able to arrive at a solution either independently, or with remote colleagues.
- Associate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning meetings and daily standups.
- Participate in the estimation of time and delivery of projects.
- Work on a large scale, a multi-module application that encompasses a variety of technologies including C++, Protobufs, Java, RX, and Kotlin.
- Minimum 4 years commercial experience developing for Android (Java).
- Effective experience with Kotlin and RXJava.
- Demonstrated understanding of networks, Protobufs, HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them.
- An appreciation of mobile UX and knowledge of the Google human interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing.
- Expert working knowledge of Git, Jenkins Build Servers, Continuous Integration and other supporting systems.
- Deep knowledge of SCRUM/agile methodologies.
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products.
- A strong communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients.
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment.
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills – whether it be tracking down an obscure memory leak, or getting to the bottom of how best to translate business requirements into a fully implemented solution.
- Sound opinions on what goes into making a good mobile app around areas such as performance, security and usability.