NBCUniversal is looking for a Sr. Manager, SEO in New York City, United States. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Develop and execute overall SEO Strategy for our streaming business with end-to-end ownership of optimization and SEO content.
- Lead keyword research, maintaining a database of relevant keywords, with up-to-date search volumes and competitive metrics.
- Optimize on-page SEO; landing page ideation and gap analysis to maximize authority of priority keywords, and take advantage of whitespace opportunities; metadata optimization.
- Implement schema markup across sitemap, developing workflow and requirements for prioritization and execution across pages.
- Oversee backlink strategy, ensuring maximum portfolio coverage, and identifying paid placement requirements; rectify unlinked mentions.
- Evaluate site crawlability, recommending opportunities for site map enhancements; providing ongoing maintenance and updates for robots.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners (Marketing, Site-Merchandising, Buying, Production, Engineering, UX, and Product) to implement SEO best practices, and leverage cross-functional insights in planning and program development.
- Conduct competitive research, benchmarking current strategy and efficacy against industry peers; monitor the greater marketplace for emerging trends.
- Evaluate business impact through the development of KPI reports. Keep management apprised of results and upcoming optimization efforts or mitigation strategies.
- Evangelize SEO within the organization and facilitate SEO training sessions to improve cross-functional SEO knowledge and alignment.
- Manage 3rd party and SEO agency relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading Search Engine Optimization strategy.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about best practices and the latest innovations in technology and on-page SEO.
- Effective experience in keyword research and analysis, utilizing tools like Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Moz Pro, SEMrush etc.
- Demonstarted understanding of SEO techniques and technologies such as canonicalization, web indexing, crawl budget, domain/page authority, Rankbrain, mobile SEO, local SEO, content expansion and semantic SEO.
- Strong understanding of how SEO techniques affect conversion rates and paid search rankings like Ad Quality Score.
- Excellent organization and communication/facilitation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Solid leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership.
- Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership.
- An adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change.
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
- Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire.
- Results-oriented with an initiative to work until the job is complete.
- Experience within the media entertainment industry a plus.