Samsung Electronics is looking for a User Experience (UX) Researcher in Vancouver, Canada. If you meet the requirements below, you are eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Design, conduct, and share insights from UX research at various stages of the design and development lifecycle.
- Interpret product team’s design and business questions into effective research plans.
- Cooperate closely with UX designers to validate design solutions.
- Choose the best research method and approach given research goals, timelines, and available resources.
- Recruit and schedule suitable research participants.
- Perform research studies, often with stakeholders observing sessions.
- Gather and analyze user behavior data from web metrics, interviews, prototype testing, onsite and remote lab studies, and surveys.
- Provide clear concise research deliverables filled with actionable user insights.
- Regularly present findings, insights and recommendations to product teams and senior management.
- Evangelize the value of UX research and research findings to various stakeholders.
- Educate stakeholders and collaborators on the most effective use of research methods for a given research need.
- Adapt research plans as needed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in human factors, psychology, computer science, interaction design, or related.
- Minimum 3 years of experience planning and conducting primary UX research in a software company or digital design agency.
- Effective experience with a variety of research methods, such as usability testing, interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis and web/app analytics.
- Proficient experience creating a variety of research deliverables and artifacts, such as presentation slide decks, personal documents, infographics, and journey maps.
- Bonus points: UX research/design in an enterprise software, mobile, global and/or SAAS company.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of software development processes, and how and where UX research fits in.
- Able to facilitate workshops and observation sessions.
- Able to multitask and balance competing priorities while working on multiple projects at one time.