WEB ROI is looking for a Web Project Manager in Ontario, Canada. If you meet the requirements below, you will be eligible to apply via Digital Marketing Community.
- Head effective client meetings that enable you to glean the information necessary to orchestrate the marketing and technology plan for their successful website strategy.
- Requirements gathering to develop financial estimates including timelines and critical path.
- Design briefs so that the graphic designer can knock the first draft out of the park.
- Directly lead web developers for an efficient and effective website building process.
- Operate with internal teams to ensure the website includes best practices for the success of SEO, PPC, speed, efficient coding, W3C compliance, responsiveness, and the ongoing array of changing best practices in the digital marketing world.
- Communicate with clients so that they provide the information and sign off on time to keep the project moving.
- Drive multiple websites a month on time and on a budget, set up for success in capturing a significant amount of leads.
- Direct your time to effectively multi-task and support multiple clients simultaneously.
- Be the traffic cop and work with the production team to ensure their workload is balanced between web projects and developer requests from the account management team.
- Support complete and accurate reports for all time and client activity.
- Interact effectively with the management team, informing and updating them regularly to ensure client expectations are being met.
- Minimum 5-year track record in website project management, delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Effective experience in creating websites that turned into lead generating machines for the clients.
- Expert knowledge of proven systems and relish using an online project management system to track every detail.
- Deep knowledge of WordPress, you have managed a lot of website creations on the platform.
- Demonstrated understanding of web architecture, database architecture, integration, functionality, including eCommerce (with or without payment gateways) and shopping cart solutions.
- A technical person, comfortable with web communications functionality, CMS tools, HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills effortlessly build relationships and help you manage customer expectations.
- Adaptable and excel in a fast-paced work environment.