LC Waikiki is considered to be one of the most popular fashion brands that started its journey in France in 1988. Continuing after 1997 as a Turkish brand under the umbrella of LC Waikiki Mağazacılık Hizmetleri Ticaret A.Ş. Now, the company owns more than 895 stores in 43 countries around the world.
It believes in a great philosophy that “Everyone deserves to dress well”, enabling people to enjoy accessible fashion through quality products at affordable prices. LC Waikiki, with its overseas investments that started in Romania in 2009, aims to be “one of Europe’s three most successful apparel retailers by 2023”. LC Waikiki is managed by Küçük and Dizdar families.
The company had one goal in sight, which is “Raising brand awareness and boosting sales of its new Bosphorus denim collection amongst men globally” by using Facebook and Instagram ads.
- 65% increase in sales
- 7-point increase in ad recall
- 7-point increase in campaign awareness
- 8-point increase in purchase consideration
LC Waikiki had released its new Bosphorus denim collection and wanted to spread awareness among a wider audience about this new collection and boost sales, as well as doing the same for all its denim lines. Additionally, LC Waikiki aimed to share its campaign’s success as the world’s leading Turkish Jeans Company.
- First off, LC Waikiki partnered with SEM Media Agency, in order to be responsible for the ad campaign on the Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- The team created a high-quality video ad campaign for Facebook and Instagram. The denim collection took inspiration from the azure shades of the Bosphorus—the Strait of Istanbul—so this is where the campaign was shot.
- They were also creating a TV-style commercial that was then adapted for mobile and web, the ad aimed to pique curiosity by telling a love story set by these waters.
- The agency aimed the targeting at harder-to-reach men aged 18–45.
- The campaign used a funnel approach, first reaching a broad audience and then retargeting ads to interested viewers: LC Waikiki website visitors, those who spent the most time watching the campaign, and lookalike audiences.
- Collaborating with Facebook Creative Shop and creative partner United Plankton, different ads were tailored for Facebook and Instagram.
- Ads ran during the spring period when jeans sales tend to pick up, and appeared in long, medium and short edits in Facebook and Instagram feed, alongside Instagram Stories.
This digital marketing campaign that was launched between May 8–31, 2018, enabled LC Waikiki effectively to unveil its new Bosphorus denim collection and also raised the company’s profile. It also helped the company to reach a set of great results:
- The company reached a total of 3.84 million people on Facebook and Instagram, and jeans sales significantly increased.
- It also managed to achieve a 65% increase in sales compared to the pre-ad period.
- 7-point increase in ad recall.
- 7-point increase in campaign awareness.
- 8-point increase in purchase consideration.