Digital media consumers are growing rapidly thanks to the rapid development of communication technology. Check out the highlights below to examine how people consume digital media across 2 media segments:
- 58% of US consumers are more likely to watch movie/TV content on mobile devices.
- 55% of US viewers prefer Netflix’s wide catalog of content, followed by Amazon Prime Video with only 14%.
- 75% of video content viewers in the US pay for streaming channels versus 41% who purchase downloads.
- 80% of US females prefer watching drama and 74% of males prefer comedy content.
- 48% of Americans most often pirate video movies after it left the theaters, but before it is available to watch at home legally.
- “Easy to use” was the overwhelming reason US respondents cited for their preferred payment method across movie/TV downloads (81%) and streams (77%).
- 86% of US music consumers are listening to it on smartphones.
- 70% of older listeners download music, compared to 60% of Millennials do so.
- Apple iTunes is the most preferred music platforms among 30% of US music consumers, followed by Pandora (23%) and Spotify (13%).
- 56% of US music listeners are more likely to prefer owning only digital content as opposed to a mix of physical and digital.
- “Easy to use” also was the overwhelming reason US respondents cited for their preferred payment method across music downloads and streams (76% & 81%).
A Graph Shows The Most Movie Genres Watched by US Viewers.
Data were driven from 10,000 consumers across 10 markets.