The Muslim population is growing rapidly and is expected to reach 26% of the world’s population by 2030. So as a result, Muslims represent a huge market should be targeted and get benefit from.
- There were 117 million international Muslim visitor arrivals in 2015 and this is predicted to reach 168 million by 2020.
- Leisure is the key reason for Muslims’ traveling, 75% of Muslim travel is for leisure, 10% is for religious travel such as Hajj and Umrah.
- Most of the business trips (41%) are 3 to 4 days long, while the typical business trip is 5 to 6 days long.
- 69% of travelers surveyed said that they sometimes combined business and leisure travel.
- Safety, security & religious tolerance are the key concern of business travelers of the country they are planning to visit.
- About 1 in 7 of business travelers avoid traveling during the Muslim month of fasting (Ramadan).
- In terms of finding information, 88% of business travelers depend mainly on online research when planning their trips.
- More than 50% of business travelers are making their own air tickets book and more than 60% of them are making their own accommodation.