All retailers aim to make loyal shoppers out of new customers. But what attracts consumers to your brand and keeps them coming back until they’re loyal? The sweet spot in retail marketing is finding those moments that shoppers are most open to influence in it.
In the age of the digital consumer, finding those moments and responding effectively is increasingly complex and requires a shift from the traditional “sales funnel” model. Before purchasing from a retailer for the first time, consumers need to be convinced that the products are worthy of their money.
This is especially true for retailers in industries with more expensive products like luxury clothing and accessories, home furnishings or electronics versus grocery or discount products.
The Key Findings of The “The Retail Shopper’s Journey to Loyalty, 2019” Report:
- Price is the main product factor that retail shoppers reported that it influences them when purchasing from a retailer that they never shopped before with a rate of 47%.
- Free or expedited shipping is ranked as the main convince factor by retail shoppers that influence them when purchasing from a retailer for the first time with a rate of 40%.
- Recommendation from friends/family is ranked as the main source of discovering retailers by surveyed retail shoppers with a rate of 45%.
- The brand’s messaging is relevant is ranked as the main marketing factor that retail shoppers ranked this factor as the most influential when purchasing from a retailer that they’re never shopped with before with a rate of 33%.
- Providing enough information about products is ranked as the main factor that makes retail shoppers trust a retailer that they didn’t purchase from before with a rate of 36%.
- Value/quality of products is ranked as the top factor that drives loyalty by surveyed retail shoppers with a rate of 41%.
A Figure Shows The Convince Factors That Influence Consumers Make a Purchase For The First Time From a Retailer, 2019.
The Content of The “The Retail Shopper’s Journey to Loyalty, 2019” Report:
- Key findings.
Number of Pages:
Data were driven in April of 2019, Yes Marketing surveyed 1,000 consumers who have made a purchase with a retailer online in the past year. The total percentage represented in the charts in this report may not add up to 100 due to rounding.