Origin’s New Energy Brand
Origin is considered to be one of the most popular Australian software gaming companies; it’s also recognized as an online gaming, digital distribution, and digital rights management (DRM) platform, which built by Electronic Arts that allows users to purchase games for PC and mobile platforms. Origin is an enjoyable platform that enables all gamers around the world to Play great PC games and connect with their friends, all in one place. EA acquired the trademark Origin when it purchased Origin Systems in 1992. And, the company’s slogan is to lead the transition to a cleaner, smarter and customer-centric energy future.
This Australian energy provider brand had a specific goal is to raise the reach of its TV ad campaign through Facebook and Instagram platforms.
6 million people reached
9-point lift in message association
7-point lift in ad awareness
$0.40 cost per person influenced
In this challenge, Origin depended on its media-buying agency, Atomic 212, which was responsible for all the process of the ad campaign on the Facebook and Instagram platforms through the 3 months.
Atomic 212 is a 100% Australian owned independent media agency that deals with a great set of Australia’s largest brands, employ 100 staff and have a national footprint across Sydney, Melb, urine, and Darwin. It provides their customers with services that focus on planning and buying media that performs against business growth objectives. In addition, its services include data-led performance, meaning data, technology, measurement, transparency, and accountability.
Australian energy provider "Origin" was acquired to boost people engagement and drive awareness to its new product “Good Energy” message among existing and new customers.
Origin's New Energy Brand
- First off, Origin has worked with the media-buying agency, Atomic 212, in order to run its 3 months campaign that would reach the goal.
- Origin used Facebook video ads to amplify its “Good Energy” TV ad to reach a wider audience.
- The ad featured a range of everyday moments to convey the message that Origin is more affordable, sustainable, smarter and easier.
- At launch, Origin ran its full 30-second ad on both Facebook and Instagram and by week 2, it launched re-edited 6- and 10-second ads in 1:1 and 2:3 ratios–targeting audiences at different life stages and highlighting its core messaging. Origin’s creative agency, TBWA, developed these videos.
- It also used the Custom Audiences tool to connect with existing customers, and broad audience targeting to expand the reach to non-customers.
- Additionally, it also used reach and frequency buying to maximize the number of people that saw Origin’s brand message and ensure they saw it frequently enough that it made an impact.
- The team used a combination of the brand awareness and video views ad objectives to connect people with the “Good Energy” message on mobile screens. These buying options allowed Origin to reach people who were more likely to remember the ad or start watching a video.
- During the campaign, Origin had the highest share of voice on Facebook and Instagram compared to its competitors.
Origin, A Facebook Ad Case Study
Finally, Origin's ad campaign through Facebook and Instagram for a mobile audience successfully managed to touch the company's objectives, including build awareness to its new “Good Energy” positioning to existing and new customers. Regarding, the Facebook and Instagram campaign reached:
- 6 million people reached
- 9-point lift in message association
- 7-point lift in ad awareness
- $0.40 per person influenced (cost of brand lift divided by total number of people reached)