Above all other devices, especially over the last decade, people have come to use their mobile devices, especially smartphones which have become preferred for researching, shopping, and purchasing. Over 2.6 billion people (30% of all humans living on earth) use smartphones and they check their phones 150+ times each day browsing and interacting with mobile apps. A little over a year ago, 37% of all website visits were made with mobile devices.
Take a look at these 5 reasons, to know why companies must make the shift to mobile-first:
- The mobile device that ate 2.5 billion people: 37% of all website visits were made with mobile devices and 46% of US retailers deployed beacons, a developing technology that alerts your mobile app when you approach or leave a certain physical place, often a store.
- The monstrous growth of mobile sales: Smartphone sales represented 78% of total mobile phone sales in the first quarter of 2016.
- Mobile sets a record for Black Friday 2016: Mobile sales exploded on Black Friday in a single day through purchases made on mobile devices ($1.2b total).
- Enticing back the vanishing customer, with the in-app messaging: The retention rate for apps that don’t use in-app messages is 13%, compared to 46% for apps that do.
- Frighteningly low response rates? Try push and SMS messaging: 65% of customers come back to the app within 30 days when push messaging is enabled and push notifications to boost app engagement by 88%.