In today’s digital marketing era, brands are competing more than ever to grow their revenue from Google Shopping, Search, and Display in the year ahead.
In 2018, Amazon listings continued to flood Google Shopping results as well as an influx of new advertisers that are struggling for visibility on Google’s Search and Display Networks. that’s why marketers need to get strategic with their approach to Google Ads to stay ahead of the curve and in front of their target audiences in 2019.
For the first time, CPC Strategy is expanding its annual Google guide to go beyond Shopping to include data and actionable strategies for Search and Display.
A Sneak Peek at the Latest Google Shopping, Google Search, and Google Display Insights for 2018:
- Google shopping is still growing, with average revenue for shopping accounts increased by 104.62% since last year, and an Average Return On Ad Spend (ROAS) across all accounts hitting 184.73%.
- There were slight dips in total revenue and ROAS (-0.28% and 3.2% respectively) due to a few larger accounts’ growths maturing.
- However, the average revenues increased by 70.93% and average ROAS increase by 216.42% for across all same-store Search accounts when compared to 2017.
- The average CPCs of Google Display dropped significantly for accounts ($0.29 Vs. $0.49), which is mainly attributed to newer, less mature accounts dialing into niche audience targeting with lower CPCs that drove down average CPCs across the board.
A Table Shows the Google Display 2018 Data
Note: All the above data are based on CPC Strategy Google Ads account-wide data (11/22/18 – 11/26/18 Cyber Week daily averages).
Download “The Complete Google Shopping Ads Guide for 2019” and Figure out:
- The 2018 Google Ads channel data gathered from 400+ retail clients.
- The best practices from CPC Strategy’s own expert practitioners for Shopping, Search, and Display.
- Some predictions for what will impact advertisers in the year ahead.
Related Guide: The Ultimate Google Ads Guide
The Content of “The 2019 Google Ads Guide”:
- 2018 Google Ads Channel Data & Analysis
- Google Shopping Strategies
- Google Search Strategies
- Google Display Strategies
- Experts Share 2019 Predictions
Number of Pages: