Even the most skilled digital marketers occasionally have campaigns that don’t yield the desired results. To ensure your next campaign doesn’t meet with failure, here we explore the 5 most common digital marketing mistakes people make and how to fix those mistakes.
The 5 Most Common Digital Marketing Mistakes and How to Fix Them
- Not testing the way to success:
Don’t skip having the discipline to run A/B split tests for your next campaign and avoid making assumptions about how your target market will respond.
- Having unrealistic expectations on how long it takes to test a campaign:
Be realistic about how soon to expect results. Sure, early on, you’ll have some winning paid Google search ads and some losing ads, so don’t end a trial before you have conclusive results.
- Focusing efforts on the most popular platforms:
Be sure to keep doing what works for your company, even if it’s not the trending thing even if it is common or not.
- Thinking that mobile is just for B2C:
It’s very important for B2B marketers to use tools such as mobile websites, mobile emails, apps, SMS, display, paid search, and proximity marketing.
- Low-quality content:
Go for quality over quantity, because if you’re just pushing out content for the sake of pushing out content only, you’ll get diminishing returns over time.
The 5 Common Mistakes People Make in Digital Marketing
The Table of Content of “The 5 Most Common Digital Marketing Mistakes” eBook:
- Key Definitions
- Mistake #1: Not Testing Your Way to Success
- Mistake #2: Having Unrealistic Expectations on How Long It Takes to Test a Campaign
- Mistake #3: Focusing Your Efforts on the Most Popular Platforms
- Mistake #4: Thinking that Mobile is Just for B2C
- Mistake #5: Low-Quality Content
- The Bottom Line
- About Act-On
Number of Pages: