What do Quora, Wikipedia, YouTube, and Instagram have in common? They all depend on user-generated content to exist. For businesses, user-generated content could be anything from reviews to a customer’s photo on Facebook.
But what’s user-generated content?
According to Jeff Bullas, “User-generated content, or UGC, is any contribution to a site or campaign that an individual outside the company has created.”
So, where does user-generated content (UGC) fit into your inbound strategy?
HubSpot brought to you this eBook teach you how user-generated content powers your inbound strategy, how you can get started with UGC in e-commerce, UGC mistakes to avoid when developing your own strategy, along with some great examples of UGC on e-commerce sites to get inspiration too.
Quick Tips on How to Use User-generated Content In E-commerce
- Build Relationships With Your Customers.
- Enabling a conversation between interested shoppers and past buyers builds a great community around your brand. This would provide social proof for the products and for your company as a whole.
- Asking customers for reviews is an effective way to engage with your audience and increase retention by making them feel appreciated and valued.
- Increase the Effectiveness of Social Media Ads.
- User-generated content increases click-through rates for Facebook ads by 300% and leads to a 50%, drop in both cost-per-click and cost-per-acquisition, according to Yotpo data.
- Boost Visibility in Search Engine Results.
- When shoppers see other customers’ reviews in the research phase of the buyer journey, it gives your product an edge over other search results and encourages shoppers to go to your website.
Customer reviews in the research phase of the buyer journey give your product an edge over other search results
The Content of “The Guide of User-generated Content: A Playbook for E-Commerce Marketers”:
- Chapter 1: How User-generated Content Powers Your Inbound Strategy
- Chapter 2: How to Use User-generated Content in E-commerce
- Chapter 3: Great Examples of User-generated Content on E-commerce Sites
- Chapter 4: User-generated Content Mistakes to Avoid
Number of Pages: