Unified commerce is the future of retail, to understand retailers’ customer experience priorities today and for the future, and how the evolution of unified commerce helps provide retailers with the right people, processes, and technology to enable retailers to enhance the customer experience.
The key customer experience capabilities are:
- 45% of retailers plan to utilize artificial intelligence (AI) – through chatbots or digital assistants – within 3 years to enhance the customer experience.
- Retailer’s overall utilization of social media is up from 73% last year to 92% this year.
- 63% of retailers plan to use mobile apps to identify customers in their stores.
- Improving mobile shopping experiences is the top priority for 45% of retailers.
- 77% of online shoppers use social media with 34% indicating that social media influences their purchases, up from 25% last year.
- 92% of the retailers support customer interaction via social media (up from 75% last year).
- More than 81% of retailers indicate that they have, or plan to have, a mobile/tablet application for associates.
- 84% of retailers are planning to have a mobile application for customers within three years.
A Graph Shows The Customer Satisfaction Measurement.
BRP conducted the 2017 Customer Experience/Unified Commerce Benchmark Survey in March and April of 2017 by contacting more than 500 top North American retailers, via an online survey system.