Marketers should pay attention not to focus too much on the tools they use, but rather what they can achieve using those tools. Lately the world of digital marketing is witnessing a quick changes in the Paid ways, search, influencers, conversational technologies & B2B; in algorithms across key social platforms to new evolutions in IoT and Virtual Reality to fundamental challenges with trust in advertising, connecting with the right audiences has never been more complex for marketers in 2016.
But in 2017 marketers must focus on more immersive video content that features elements of interactivity as well as more applicability for general usage.
The below points highlights the vital elements for 2017:
- It’s important to note that Snapchat, Facebook, and Google Inc. are all heavily invested in virtual reality and augmented reality. These companies will continue enhancing the capabilities that leverage immersive video technologies and will help amplify the reach of both virtual realities and augmented reality content to the masses.
- More audiences will begin consuming a majority of their content on mobile devices with the introduction of 5G wireless.
- Watching TV and video on mobile devices has grown by 85% from 2010 to 2016. On fixed screens, consumption has decreased.
- Only 25% of consumers are willing to spend more than $250 on a VR device while consumer awareness of VR is only 33%.
- In 2 years, voice search has surged and those searches –averaging about 5 words– are 3 times more likely to be localized. [Today] voice search makes up 25% of searches.
- Over the last 5 years alone, Google has had nearly 50 confirmed algorithm updates.
- There are over than 30,000 bots already on the Messenger platform alone.