Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is a highly-personalized, high-touch, extremely-targeted approach to creating and executing marketing campaigns.
A very high level of targeting and personalization is possible thanks to different technologies. Some account-based marketing providers start with a list of individuals at the target companies. And since they are targeting individuals, not locations, it doesn’t matter if someone is in the office, on the road or at home. This approach relies on the availability of 3rd party data and has big limitations because of data privacy concerns.
The Key Findings of “Account-Based Marketing, 2019” Report:
- Increasing existing account revenue is ranked as the primary objective for account-based marketing (ABM) strategy to achieve by surveyed marketers with a rate of 56%.
- Increasing accounts and contacts is ranked as the most critical challenge for an account-based marketing strategy to achieve by surveyed marketers with a rate of 43%.
- The profitability of account deals is ranked as the most effective targeting criteria used for account-based marketing by surveyed marketers with a rate of 53%.
- Sales revenue generated is ranked as the most effective metric used by surveyed marketers for measuring account-based marketing results with a rate of 67%.
- A combination of outsourced and in-house resources are ranked as the most effective method of resources used for implementing account-based marketing with a rate of 57%.
A Graph Shows The Most Effective Methods of Targeting Used For Account-Based Marketing, 2019.
The Content of “Account-Based Marketing,2019” Report:
- Account-Based Marketing.
- Strategic Success.
- Primary Objectives.
- Critical Challenges.
- Strategy Status.
- Objectives Versus Challenges.
- Targeting Criteria.
- Contact Management.
- Metrics Used to Measure Success.
- Resource Allocation.
- Ascend2 Research Partner Programs.
Number of Pages:
Ascend2 benchmarks the performance of marketing strategies, tactics and the technology that drives them with a standardized online questionnaire and a proprietary 3-minute survey format.
Ascend2 and their research partners fielded the account-based marketing survey. A total of 293 marketing professionals who responded to this survey during the week of October 14, 2019.