The majority of North American B2C marketers (86%) are already using content marketing and also 63% of B2C marketers report their organizations are much more or somewhat more successful with content marketing than they were one year ago.
So this Index consists of indicators identify how marketers are operating in the maturing content marketing industry:
- Almost half of the marketers have a small content marketing team (or one-person) serves the entire organization.
- Only 40% of marketers have clarity on content marketing success in their organizations.
- 60% of organizations are very committed to their content marketing.
- 86% of B2C marketers said that content marketing is an important component of their organization’s marketing program.
- In terms of content marketing strategy, there are 76% of marketers said that their strategy includes a plan to operate content marketing as an ongoing business process, not simply a campaign.
- 40% of organizations have a documented content marketing strategy and 34% of organizations have a content marketing strategy but not documented.
- 78% of marketers surveyed assume that content marketing metrics increased audience engagement.