This research is conducted by Econsultancy in partnership with Adobe, that explores the digitally driven opportunities and challenges facing organizations from the perspective of IT professionals.
Here are some of the main insights mentioned in the research,
The Top Three Organizations Priorities of Success in 2018:
- Security of business and customer data is ranked as the first priority for IT professionals with a rate of 44%.
- Implementing an extensible digital platform for experience delivery ranked as the second priority with a rate of 43%.
- Improving digital workflows e.g. via cloud-based tools comes next with a rate of 38%.
The Top Three Internal Barriers to Successfully Drive Digital Transformation in Organizations in 2018:
- 45% of surveyed IT professionals indicated that integrating legacy systems with new tools difficulties.
- 42% indicated that the bureaucratic process and the lack of a shared vision of what is digital transformation means is a barrier.
- 35% reported that the inadequate budget to support levels of innovation is classified as a barrier.
Top Three Routes Were Taken to Improve Workflows and Improving Levels of Company Security in 2018:
- 48% of Surveyed IT professionals indicated that switching to paperless, digital end to end workflows as the top priority.
- 40% reported that companies have to increase the portion of the technology stack to integrated cloud solutions.
- 38% mentioned that linking automated workflows to back-end systems is important in improving companies security level.
A Graph Shows The Priorities of Success In Organizations, UK, 2018.
The 2018 digital trends in IT report is based on a sample of almost 400 senior IT leaders (manager or above) who were among around 13,000 digital professionals taking part in the annual digital trends survey.