The main features of the Egyptian information and communications technology indicators bulletin can be incorporated in the following points:
- The average Individuals who are using a computer in Egypt are 45.6%, while the average of individuals who are using the internet is 37.8%, and 84.8% of individuals are using a mobile phone.
- Mobile subscribers increased to 96.26 million in July – September 2016 with penetration rate 108.49%, compared to 93.24 million in July – September 2015 with penetration rate 107.01%, representing an annual change rate of 3.23%.
- Mobile internet subscriptions reached to 26.18 million in September 2016 with annual growth 4.55%.
- 100% of households with internet access at home using fixed broadband, while 38.14% of households using mobile broadband or USB.
- 40.8% of internet users in Egypt are males, while 34.8% are females.
For more information, please download the “Information and Communications Technology Indicators Bulletin, Q3 2016” full report.