Using content marketing in manufacturing organizations in North America is booming year over year, with 86% of this kind of organizations already use content marketing. 46% of them still in the young/first steps of content marketing maturity, while 30% are in the adolescent phase, and 22% are in the mature/sophisticated phase. Read more and gain more insights into the use of content marketing in North America in 2018 especially in for-profit manufacturing organizations.
Content Marketing Commitment & Overall Success
- More than half of the manufacturing organizations in North America (51%) are somewhat committed to content marketing, compared to 38% who are extremely/very committed.
- The vast majority of manufacturing organizations in North America (55%) still in the moderate level of success, while only 14% are very or extremely successful.
- Building audiences is the main focus for 77% of manufacturing organizations in North America in 2018, followed by the focus on creativity and craft in content creation and production
Content Marketing Strategy & Technologies
A Pie Chart Shows the Percentage of Manufacturing Marketers in North America Who Have a Content Marketing Strategy in 2018
Content Creation & Distribution
- When asked how well content-creation projects flow within the manufacturing organizations in North America, 20% of respondents rated the flow as excellent or very good; 31% rated it as good, and 49% rated it as fair or poor.
- Social media posts – excluding videos (92%), videos (80%) and illustrations/photos (69%) are the most used types of content for manufacturing marketers.
- In the other side, videos (52%) then social media posts (43%) and illustrations/photos (39%) are the most effective types of content.
- In terms of distributing content for content marketing purposes, emails (95%), and social media platforms (93%) are the most used formats, followed far by blogs (62%).
- Emails (e.g., newsletters, welcome emails) are the most effective formats of content manufacturing marketers use for content marketing purposes with a rate of 75%.
- Concerning the use of social media platforms in content marketing, LinkedIn is the most used and most effective platform, followed by Facebook in usage and YouTube in terms of effectiveness.
A Figure Shows the Top Social Media Platforms Manufacturing Marketers in North America Use for Content Marketing Purposes in 2018
Data were driven from 2,190 respondents who indicated that they work in for-profit manufacturing organizations in North America. The survey was conducted during June and July 2017.