Mastercard surveyed more than 12,000 consumers in 11 markets including the UAE, US, Poland, China, Brazil, Indonesia, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Australia and the UK. The findings showed that the technology and shopping options that are changing retail economics are being embraced by omnishoppers who are more likely to adopt new technologies. Find out more about shopping behavior of omnishoppers:
Shopping Behavior of Omnishopper – An Overview
- 70% of omnishoppers surveyed indicated that they would go back to the same merchant. The value (47%) and tracking record/reputation (36%) are the top two reasons drive their loyalty.
- The use of technology has changed the shopping behavior as it makes consumers comprising prices more (53%) and also comparing across different products more (43%).
- 64% of consumers claimed that they were researching purchases more than they did two years ago, with almost three-quarters of them aged 18-29 years old. They return it back to the better information, the better reviews and the better tools they can get/use.
- Friends and family still have the greatest role in terms of the shopping influencers with a rate of 80%, while social media ranked at the least important influencers with a rate of 54%.
A Graph Shows the Main Drives to Omnishoppers’ Loyalty – 2017
Top Sectors and Top Purchased Categories by Omnishopper
- Financial services lead the way when shoppers identified the sectors they were most likely access by online with a rate of 295, followed by toys and games (24%) and consumer electronics (23%).
- In the other side, home appliances (76%) and groceries (75%) are the top sectors that almost exclusively in-store.
A Graph Shows the Top Categories That Omnishoppers Shop for Mostly Online – 2017
Data were driven from over 12,000 consumers in 11 markets including the UAE, US, Poland, China, Brazil, Indonesia, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Australia and the UK. The online surveys were fielded July 15-30, 2016.