The growth of social media has brought a communication revolution which inspired creating social relationships platforms over the Internet. It has also helped in expanding the social ties which have increased the psychological well-being among Internet users worldwide. In the present online landscape, consumers have been turning to the Internet and social media to express their opinion and to exchange information, which has made these mediums an ideal tool for the advertisers to build relationships with their target consumers.
The Key Findings of “The Social Media Flagship, Q1-2019” Report:
- Digital consumers are now spending an average of 2 hours and 23 minutes per day on social networks and messaging.
- Staying up to date with news and current events is ranked as the main motivating factor of using social media with a rate of 40%.
- Finding funny or entertaining content is the main motivating factor for using social media among 16-24 years old users with a rate of 47%.
- 42% of WhatsApp users agree they tend to buy brands they see advertised.
- 78 % of people felt happier about their phone usage since using a digital well-being app.
- 63% of surveyed internet users reported that they feel most comfortable sharing content or information via private messaging applications.
- 43% of surveyed internet users mentioned that they research products online via social media networks.
- 60% of internet users outside China have watched a video on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram in a typical month.
A Figure That Shows The Time Spent on Social Media, 2019.
The Content of “The Social Media Flagship, Q1-2019” Report:
- Key Insights.
- Social Media Engagement.
- Social Media Behaviors.
- Social Entertainment.
- Notes on Methodology.
- More from GlobalWebIndex.
Number of Pages:
This report draws insights from GlobalWebIndex’s Q4 2018 and Q1 2019 waves of research across 45 countries, with a global sample of 278,359 respondents.