Customer relationship management has been the prevailing term associated with companies that wish to manage their sales funnels and revenue streams. However, with the explosion of marketing technology, multichannel marketing, and new pressures on revenue generation, companies have realized that they need to look beyond their CRM systems, they have to take dive deep in their audience management strategy it is the cycle of defining, analyzing, managing and activating their customers’ data for cross-channel campaigns by using data intelligence technologies marketers can manage their customers and defining them as segments with main factors and characteristics for each segment these segments can make the management and the analysis of the audience.
The Key Findings of “The State of Audience Management Maturity, 2019” Report:
- Websites are ranked as the most preferred marketing channels by surveyed marketers with a rate of 31%.
- ESP/MAP is ranked as the most used audience management tool by surveyed marketers with a rate of 27.8%.
- Analytics tools are ranked as the major data sources of defining audiences with a rate of 66%.
- Google Analytics is ranked as the top and the most used analytics tools by surveyed marketers with a rate of 18%.
- 58% of surveyed marketers reported that they have a medium integration of consent in their audience strategy.
- 61% of surveyed marketers placed themselves at a non-existent or basic level of maturity when it comes to the multi-channel campaign orchestration.
A Figure Shows The Major Data Sources of Defining Audience and Top Analytics Tools, 2019.
The Content of “The State of Audience Management Maturity, 2019” Report:
- Executive Summary.
- The Audience Management Maturity Continuum.
- Interpretation and Editorial Commentary.
- Survey Questions and Results.
- Conclusions and Next Steps.
- Audience Management from Marketers’ Perspective.
- From Channel /Product-Centric to Customer-Centric Marketing.
- Strategic Integration of Data, Processes and Technology.
- Moving to the Next Level of Audience Management Maturity.
Number of Pages:
Merkle and MarTech Advisor researchers conducted in-depth telephone interviews about current audience management practices, tools, and outcomes with 102 senior marketing professionals (VP, director and above) of enterprises with $100 million and above in annual revenue. The respondents were spread across industries, from education to automotive, healthcare to agriculture; served both consumer and business customers; and are all primarily based in the United States of America.