Millennials, the generation born between 1980 – 2000, represent a segment that is a significant contributor to the economy, has strong social influence and high banking potential, millennials are born in a time when information is instantly available, which has changed their outlook drastically compared to other generations.
They have grown up with digital devices that combine communication, entertainment, shopping, and education all in one enabling them to multi-task. For millennials, the value of digital technology lies in what it can produce for them—cheaper prices, for instance, or free delivery.
More custom options, faster checkout, and smoother user experience are all examples of the sorts of benefits that drive Millennials to not only download an application but move it to their home screen and check it more than once per day.
The Key Findings of The “Targeting Millennials Report, 2019” Report:
- 36% of millennials are in their twenties haven’t left their homes while 65% of those in their thirties are already settling down and getting married.
- Social media is a popular form of entertainment in its own right, taking up an average of 2h 44m of a millennial’s day, or around 50 minutes longer than watching TV.
- Millennials spend 2 hours and 44 minutes on social networks each day, or around 18 minutes longer than average.
- Millennials are most likely to be heading to social media when they second-screen, with 69% social networking and 65% messaging friends.
- Although 56% of millennials globally block ads, they are no more privacy-conscious than the average internet user.
- Search engines are the main brand discovery channels used by surveyed millennials with a rate of 36%.
- 6 in 10 of millennials can be categorized as social shoppers.
- 47% of surveyed millennials mentioned that there main motivation reason for using ad-blocking programs in that there are too many ads on the internet.
- 44% of millennials have played a game streamed over the internet in the last month.
- Coupons and discounts are ranked as the second top motivation factor to make an online purchase with a rate of 42%.
A Figure Shows The Time Spent on Entertainment & Used Devices by Millennials, 2019.
The Content of The”Targeting Millennials, 2019” Report:
- Key Findings.
- Profiling Millennials.
- Device Usage & Online Privacy.
- Media Consumption.
- Social Media Engagement.
- The Purchase Journey.
- Notes on Methodology.
- More from GlobalWebIndex.
Number of Pages:
Data were driven from GlobalWebIndex’s Q1 2019 wave of research across 45 countries, with a global sample of 139,397 respondents among internet users aged between 16-64.