Most brands recognized the importance of data to their current and future marketing success, knowing where to start can feel overwhelming, via applying the results from 2017 marketing research study you’ll revolutionize your marketing strategies with data-driven approaches before their competitors do.
- No surprise that 92% of brands in 2017 said that data-driven management is a priority for this year, yet just over half (57%) said they had the right data skills and resource available.
- 40% of marketers believe that the lack of data and analytical skills are preventing them from delivering effective customer relationship management (CRM) strategies.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is cited as the most important marketing skill for 61% of marketers, closely followed by brand management (60%), and digital marketing (47%).
- Only 1 in 5 are using advanced attribution models to measure marketing effectiveness.
- The majority of marketers (82%) are still using single touchpoint attribution (first, last and most engaged channel) To help calculate ROI, with a mere 18% using an advanced approach across all channels.
A survey conducted during February and March 2017; includes expert opinion based on an experience of working with many of the UK’s leading brands on advanced attribution, personalization, predictive analytics, and customer relationship management and captured the views of over 250 managerial to C-level marketers, within medium to large-sized businesses. And through 5 Sectors interviewed which is: Financial Services, Travel & Leisure, Retail, Wholesale & Distribution, Telecoms or Utilities.