Marketing leaders in the US are obtaining fewer customer data from third parties, but are utilizing more online data about customer behavior and anticipate that trend to continue.
The CMO Survey report collects and disseminates the opinions of top marketers in the US to help predict the future of markets, track marketing excellence, and improve the value of marketing used by firms and affects on the society.
A Sneak Peak at the Top Line Findings of the US CMO Survey:
- US marketers expect customers to place a greater emphasis on price (48% increase) and trusting relationships (44% increase).
- 74% of companies in the US use channel partners to go-to-market in 2019, up from 54.1 in Feb. 2018.
- Western Europe is the largest international market for sales. China and Western Europe present the largest future growth opportunities.
- In terms of marketing spending, marketing budget grew positively but drops to lowest level in 3 years.
- Social media marketing spending slipped down to 11.4% in 2019 after 13.8% in Feb. 2018.
A Figure Shows the Marketing Spending in the US
The Content of “The CMO Survey of Feb. 2019”:
- Topic 1: Marketplace Dynamics
- Topic 2: Firm Growth Strategies
- Topic 3: Marketing Spending
- Topic 4: Firm Performance
- Topic 5: Social Media Marketing
- Topic 6: Mobile Marketing
- Topic 7: Marketing Job
- Topic 8: Marketing Organization
- Topic 9: Marketing Leadership
- Topic 10: Marketing Analytics
- Topic 11: The CMO Survey Award for Marketing Excellence
Number of Pages:
Data in this study is based on a survey of 323 top marketers at for-profit U.S. companies. 36.1% of responded works for B2B companies provide products and 32.1% works for B2B companies provide services. The survey was fielded from January 8-29, 2019.