Year-over-year, retailers try hard to optimize their marketing practices and dodged obstacles that may put their productivity at risk. The leading of retail sales also reflects consumer sentiment in retailers so retailers should keep pace with customer expectations, which are constantly shaped shifting with the emergence of new tools, apps, and services.
- Supporting corporate business goals & managing financial challenges are the most important priorities for retailers surveyed.
- Most of the retailers surveyed (41%) said that they launched e-commerce sites in new global markets in 2016, while 36% said they only sold their products domestically.
- Retailers intend to pay more attention to the merger with competing retailers and acquisition opportunities in the next 2 years.
- Changing consumer behavior is considered the external factor preventing companies from achieving key business goals for 58% of retailers surveyed, while cross-business collaboration is the biggest internal factor constitutes an obstacle.
- More than half of retailers are using dashboards or scorecards with some expectations of using them more effectively in the future.
- In terms of payment methods, only 32% of retailers implement mobile wallets method.
A Graph Shows The Most Important Organizational Priorities.