What are backlinks? how to build backlinks? and so many more questions that might be running through your mind. Well, we’re here to answer all of your questions.
Starting with what are backlinks, they are links from a page on one website to another.
For example, if someone links to your website, then you have a backlink from them. On the other hand, if you link to another site, then they have a backlink from you.
If you’ve ever wondered: “where can I find actionable advice for building backlinks that get the best results for my SEO strategy?”, you’ve reached the right source.
Backlinko brought you this comprehensive guide that teaches you how to get links from authority sites and shows you tactics for generating backlinks that are working right for your 2019 strategy in order to rank higher in Google results.
In simple words, we can define backlinks as the links from other websites to your website. These links point back to you so search engines consider each of these links votes for your content and website.
Related article: The Definitive Guide to SEO by Backlinko.
What Is a Backlink in SEO?
Let’s go through an important definition for backlinks, what is a backlink in SEO?
- Backlinks on SEO are links on websites other than your own that go back to a page on your website.
- Moreover, they are also called inbound links because they represent another website’s traffic coming to your website.
- Also, you can rank higher in search engines such as Google and Bing and that depends on the quality and quantity of your backlinks.
Find the keywords you need with the top keyword research tool in the world, KWFinder! You will instantly get volumes with historical data instant SERP analysis, local keyword research, and SERP analysis. Go and check it out now!
How to Build Backlinks? A Quick Glance at the Top Tips to Build Backlinks That Actually Work
First of all, it’s important to maintain that a single quality backlink can be more compelling than 10,000 low-quality backlinks. But how do you identify if a backlink is high-quality or low-quality? Simply, high-quality backlinks all share the below 5 traits:
- They Come From Trusted, Authoritative Websites
- They Include Your Target Keyword In The Link’s Anchor Text
- The Site (and Page) Linking to You Is Topically Related To Your Site
- The Link Is a “Dofollow” Link
- The Link Is From a Domain That Hasn’t Linked to You Before
According to the definitive guide ‘How to build backlinks” here are the top smart ways to build backlinks in 2022,
- The broken-link building method: find relevant websites in your niche that have resource pages.
- Consider using backlinks through infographics since infographics are one of the most proven popular methods for bringing traffic to your website, and in return, you will gain valuable backlinks.
- One of the most effective ways to get backlinks is guest blogging to reach a new audience.
- Another way if you want to know how to build backlinks is to stay up to date with your competitors’ online marketing strategies.
- Also, internal links are a major factor in running a successful blog. If you want to get backlinks, build internal links.
- Make sure you promote your content because that is the way you will get backlinks.
- Another smart and easy way to know how to build backlinks is to write testimonials for websites you’re using.
- Make sure to contact important and popular bloggers and journalists.
- Another way to get backlinks is to donate to nonprofit organizations.
- The last one on how to build backlinks is to get interviewed.
Do you want to discover what keywords your competitors are using? With just one click from WordTracker and it will create a list of keywords from any webpage and BOOM you have your keywords now!
Build links from sites in your industry and closely-related industries
If you want to know how to build backlinks, make sure to download the full guide!
The Content of “Backlinks: The Definitive Guide”:
- Chapter 1: What Are Backlinks?
- Chapter 2: How to Build Backlinks That Actually Work
- Chapter 3: How to Create a “link Magnet”
- Chapter 4: How to Turn Content Into Backlinks
- Chapter 5: My Favorite Backlink Building Strategies
- Chapter 6: Bonus Tips, Strategies, and Real-life Examples
Number of Pages: